Things Cloud is our free, secure sync service that keeps your to-dos updated across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch.
- Is Things Cloud free?
- Yes. Sync is included with your purchase of Things, and with the free Things trial.
- Can I use a different sync service?
- Third-party services like iCloud, Dropbox, etc. are not supported. Please create a free Things Cloud account to sync your to-dos.
- Can I see my to-dos in an internet browser?
- No. To view your to-dos, you must install Things app on a supported Apple device.
- Can I share my to-dos with others?
- No. Things does not support real-time sharing (collaboration) of to-dos or lists at this time.
- Can I use Things without Things Cloud?
- If you only use Things on a single device and don’t require sync, then yes. If you want to see your to-dos on another device, including Apple Watch, a free Things Cloud account is required.
- Is Things Cloud GDPR (DSGVO) compliant?
- Yes. Our data processing policies are regularly reviewed for compliance with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Learn more.
- Is Things Cloud secure?
- Yes. All data exchanged between the client (Things on your device) and the server (Things Cloud) is encrypted in transit using a 2048-bit certificate. All data is encrypted at rest on the server using industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption; no data is stored in clear text. Learn more.
- You can use Things offline and still access your data.
- The badge on the app icon is mainly updated through Apple’s background app refresh, just like your widgets.
- We don’t sync your calendar events so you have to enable Calendar integration per device.
- If your Apple Watch appears to be out of sync you can find help here.