Here’s how to get Things for each of your devices.
Things is sold separately for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. The Watch app is included with the iPhone app. Things 3 is a one-time purchase for each platform; there are no subscriptions.
You can sync your to-dos between your devices with our Things Cloud service, at no extra charge.
If you want to give the app a try before buying, you can:
Already own Things?
Got a new Mac, iPad, iPhone or Apple Watch?
Install Things on a new device without extra charges.
Importing to-dos from other apps
Easily migrate your to-dos from another app into Things.
Download your to-dos
Connect to Things Cloud on a new device to download your to-dos.
Want to spread the love? Gift Things for iPhone or iPad.
Where you can use Things
- On which devices can I use Things?
- Apple Watch
For minimum requirements, check here.
- On which devices will Things NOT work?
- the Internet (through a webbrowser)
- any non-Apple device
Try before buying
- Is there a demo version?
- Yes! Check out our 15-day free trial.
How to buy
- Is Things a subscription?
- No. Things is a one-time purchase, not a subscription.
- Where can I buy Things?
- Things is sold exclusively through Apple’s App Store; it’s not possible to buy Things outside the App Store. Find the links to our apps here.
- Why are there 3 apps?
- Things for Mac, Things for iPad, and Things for iPhone are sold separately. For example: if you own a Mac and iPhone, you need to purchase Things for Mac and Things for iPhone to see your to-dos on both devices. Sync between the devices is free of charge. Things for Apple Watch is included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone.
- What if I have more than 1 Mac (or iPad or iPhone)?
- There’s no extra charge when installing Things on other devices of the same kind. Here’s how it works.
- How much does Things cost?
- To see your country’s price, follow the link to the apps on the App Store.
Discounts and Bundles
- Can I get a discount?
- No. Things is an up-front, one-time purchase. Apple’s App Store doesn’t offer discount options for apps which are sold this way.
- Is there a bundle?
- No. Each app is a separate purchase (but the Watch app is included for free with Things for iPhone).
- I’m a student.
- If you’re a student, check with your institution if they’re part of Apple’s Education program. We ourselves are unable to offer you a discount.
- I represent a business.
- If you’re a business, check out Apple’s Volume Purchase Program. We ourselves are unable to offer discounts.
- I bought the old Things 2. Is there an upgrade discount?
- Please check here to learn about about the upgrade process, and how to migrate your to-dos from Things 2 to Things 3.
Share Things with others
- Can my family use Things as well?
- Yes. We support Apple’s Family Sharing so you can share the Things app with family members at no extra cost. Learn more.
- Can I share a list and collaborate with others?
- No. At this time, Things does not support real-time sharing of to-dos or lists.
- How do I get a refund?
- We’d encourage you to try Things before buying to see if the app is a good fit for you. You can also reach out to our support team with questions. If you end up not liking Things after a purchase, you have to ask Apple for a refund because they handle all transactions in their App Store. We do not handle your purchase so we can’t issue refunds ourselves.