If you don’t see the new Things update in the Updates tab on the App Store, here are some things you can try:
- On a Mac, open App Store > Updates and hit ⌘ Cmd + R to refresh the page.
- Sign out of the App Store (not iCloud) and back in. Then go to App Store > Updates to download the update.
- Sign out of the App Store (not iCloud) and reboot your device. Then go to App Store > Updates to download the update.
- Make sure that you are signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID that you used to buy the app originally.
- Go to the App Store’s Today tab > user icon > Purchased and then search for Things in your list of purchases.
- Check in Things > Settings > About that you haven’t installed the update in the meantime already (if you did, you’d see “Things 3.13.x” in the About screen).
If none of these steps help you locate the update Things, please make sure you are running at least iOS 12.1 or macOS 13 (here are our minimum requirements). Users on iOS 12.0 or older, and macOS 12 or older, will not see the Things 3.13 update.
If you’re on iOS 12.1 or 13, or on macOS 13 or better, and can’t see the update after going through all the troubleshooting steps, please reach out to Apple’s support team. They are the only ones with access to your Apple ID and purchase history. As a developer, we have no way of checking your Apple ID to find out why an app update is not showing up for you – sorry!