Display your calendar events alongside your to-dos to get a complete overview of your day.
You can connect your Apple Calendar app to Things to see your events and to-dos together in one place. You’ll see events from both personal and shared calendars in Today and Upcoming. This is useful when you’re managing your day, and as you plan the week ahead.
Things accesses your calendar data to display events locally on your device. None of your calendar data is ever sent to Things Cloud.
- On your Mac, open Things.
- In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Things > Preferences > Calendar Events
- Check the box for Show Calendar Events in Today and Upcoming lists to enable it.
- Check the boxes for the calendars you’d like to see.
iPad & iPhone
- On your iPad or iPhone, open Things.
- Tap > Calendar Events
- Tap the switch for Show Calendar Events to turn it on.
- Tap the calendars you’d like to see.
- In the top-right corner, tap Done
See events from 3rd party apps (Google, Exchange, ...)
Things will only read events from Apple’s native calendar app, not other third party apps. To view your 3rd party calendar data in Things just sync it to Apple Calendar. Things will then be able to see it and display it alongside your to-dos.
Can I see to-dos from Things in Calendar?
No. Unlike events, to-dos in Things do not have a start and end time (duration), which is necessary to block out time in Calendar app. For that reason, we currently do not plan to support sending to-dos to the Calendar app.
If you’re having trouble with the Calendar integration, please check out our troubleshooting steps here before contacting support.