Display your calendar events alongside your to-dos to get a complete overview of your day.
You can connect your Apple Calendar app to Things to see your events and to-dos together in Today and Upcoming. This is useful when you’re managing your day, and as you plan the week ahead.
- On your Mac, open Things.
- In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Things → Settings → Calendar Events.
- Check the box for Show Calendar Events in Today and Upcoming lists to enable it.
- Check the boxes for the calendars you’d like to see.
iPad & iPhone
- On your iPad or iPhone, open Things.
- Tap → Calendar Events.
- Tap the switch for Show Calendar Events to turn it on.
- Tap the calendars you’d like to see.
- In the top-right corner, tap Done.
- Can I connect Things to Google, Exchange, Outlook,…
- No. Things can only communicate with Apple Calendar. To view your 3rd party calendar data in Things, just sync it to Apple’s app first.
- Will Things sync my calendar data to other devices?
- No. Things only mirrors the calendar events from Apple Calendar on the device itself. We don’t sync your calendar data, we only display it locally. That’s why you have to enable calendar integration on each device separately.
- Can I send to-dos from Things to the calendar?
- No, you can’t send to-dos from Things to Apple Calendar. If you want to block time for a task, though, try our Apple Shortcut.
- Can I see events in Things’ widget?
- It’s not possible to see events from Apple Calendar in the Things widget. We would love to build this feature, but due to technical limitations we can’t ensure that the calendar events in the widgets are up to date.
If you’re having trouble with the Calendar integration, please check out our troubleshooting steps here before contacting support.