Things supports several different languages. Here we’ll show you which languages are available and how to change from one language to another.
You can run Things in one of the following nine languages:
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese (Traditional or Simplified).
If your device’s Operating System is set to one of these languages, Things will display in the same language. If your device is set to a language that Things does not support, Things will default to English.
Change Things’ language
If your device is running macOS 10.15, iOS 13, iPadOS 13, or later, you can set Things’ language independently of the system. For example, your system might be set to German, but you can run Things in English.
Here’s how to set a different language for Things:
- On your Mac, quit Things.
- Go to Settings.
- On macOS 13 (Ventura), go to Settings → General → Language & Region, and select the Applications section.
- On macOS 12 and older, go to System Preferences → Language & Region, and click Apps.
Note that the menu will only show languages that Things supports.
iPad & iPhone
- Force-quit Things via the App Switcher.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll down to Things and tap it.
- Tap Language. (Is the button missing?)
- Select your desired language.
Note that you will only be offered languages that Things supports.
There is no way to change Things’ language directly via the Apple Watch; it will display in whatever language you have set for Things on your iPhone. Click the iPad & iPhone tab above to change Things’ language.