Things has been updated for full compatibility with iPadOS 16 and macOS 13 Ventura, including support for the all-new window management feature: Stage Manager.
This year, iPadOS 16 introduces Stage Manager – an entirely new way to work with multiple windows. After turning it on, you’ll be able to open up to four windows at the same time, resize them, and even drag them around.
We’ve fine-tuned Things’ window layout, animations, and performance to make sure everything works great on our end. If you have a keyboard attached, these shortcuts will come in handy:
- Open a new Things window: ^ Ctrl ⌘ Cmd N
- Add another app’s window to the current set: ^ Ctrl 🌐︎ Globe ↑
- Remove a window from the current set: ⌘ Cmd M
- Close a window: ⌘ Cmd W
- Toggle full screen: 🌐︎ Globe F
- Cycle between all windows in the current set: 🌐︎ Globe `
Stage Manager is also available on macOS 13 Ventura. For more information, be sure to check out Apple’s documentation.
Of course, today’s update includes a long list of OS-compatibility fixes under the hood, but there are several noteworthy enhancements as well:
- As many of you requested, you can now tap calendar events on iPhone or iPad to jump to their relevant date in the Calendar app. This works in the Today, Tomorrow, and Upcoming lists.
- We’ve added support for iPadOS 16’s new pop-up menu style, which makes it far easier to get at Things’ Markdown formatting when you right-click on your trackpad.
- In projects on the Mac, you can now select both headings and to-dos at the same time; this makes it easier to grab exactly what you want.
- We’ve added support for macOS Ventura’s new Share menu. Also, when you filter a project or area by tag, and then select ••• → Share → Copy Link, your link now includes the tag filter parameter. ✨
These updates are available now for download on the App Store. Remember to update your OS before you try the new features.